10.09.2011

48 fabrics, hundreds of possibilities.

LOOK AT ALL THE FABRIC!!!  Everything I have has been cut to size and I'm ready to roll.  Just looking at all of the colors together gets me very excited. I'm wondering how I should set a goal for all of the squares I need to sew. There's 224 of them... should I try to shoot for a weekly goal? Like, get 50 squares done per week?  Jeez, that seems like a lot. If I did 50 squares per week, it would take me a little over 4 weeks to sew.  I want to do this project right though, so it's important to take the time to sew everything correctly.

How about this.  First and foremost, I'll see how much time it takes me to assemble just one square.  From there, I can estimate how many I can do per day.  That sounds good to me.   I should also consider how I will be assembling all these colors... should I do dark and light patches?  A mix of everything together?  Hmmm...