10.16.2012

don't be jerky.

While I was in the midst of being proud of my increased sewing productivity on Sunday night, I noticed that my trusty sewing machine was getting a little loud. Actually it was getting A LOT loud. I guess it kinda sounds like this: k'chunk, k'chunk, K'CHUNK, k'chunk, K'CHUNK... And it was jerky.

NO NO NO. Not JERKY. You know, JERKY!
[jur-kee] characterized by jerks or sudden starts; spasmodic.

It also started shaking as the speed of the stitch got progressively higher. I think my poor machine was trying to tell me something: So I decided to take my pride n' joy to Modern Vac & Sew for a little tune up. I'm sure it will be well worth it for the amount of sewing I do. I'm going to call them later today to find out the diagnosis, and hopefully they might give me a time frame on when I can pick it up!

Last night I started piecing together the wine bags. And I'm glad I did, because it took me about two hours to pin the straps and the interior fabric to the exterior! And, since I had extra tie-ends, I ended up piecing together nine new bags. Now when I get my machine back, I'll be ready to roll!